Some things to consider before we leave:
- Exchange US Dollars for Euros OR check with your bank/credit union the cost of foreign transaction fees. You don’t want to incur unnecessary charges without knowing! If you plan on using a credit/debit card, inform your company of international travel.
- PACK LIGHT! Checked baggage has a weight limit of 50 pounds, so plan on packing less than that! No liquids in amounts over 3oz.
- Prepare your phone/electronics for an international trip. Download communications apps that work without a cellular signal, such as What’s App. Also acquire the necessary adapters to charge any devices.
- Don’t forget to pack a travel journal. This will be collected after the trip as an assignment.
While in Ireland:
- Start each day with FREE breakfast at our hotel. This will allow for a lighter lunch for those looking to save money on food.
- Try to plan a few activities each day ahead of time. There is so much to explore and we only have eight days! Check out this map for some ideas.
- Write in your travel journal! (Some things to include written in narrative form: people, customs, places, impressions, observations, communications, reasons, and what you have learned. You must have AT LEAST 6 journal entries.
- Remember that while traveling, you represent not only Cazenovia College but also Americans in general. The number one American stereotype that Europeans believe is that we are too loud. Be conscious of that and be courteous to those around you. For more Irish etiquette, check out this article from DoChara.com.